Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Eight-strand Braided (Plaited) Bread, Inspired by The Great British Baking Show

After watching an episode of the Great British Baking Show in which the bakers faced a technical challenge that involved an eight-strand braided bread, I was inspired to try to figure out how to do an eight-strand braid. After watching the Masterclass version, I don't think my solution is the same as Paul's. Actually, I like mine better. Here are the photos.

An eight strand braided bread
The finished loaf
Eight strand braided bread before rising.
Before rising. Note that I left gaps between strands.


You may have noticed that I made a mistake in the braid at one point. I didn't notice till it was halfway through rising. I'm still pleased with it. I used a pizza dough and spritzed it with oil rather than use Paul's recipe and brush it with egg. Next time, I'll try a sweet dough with an egg wash.

For those of you who have tried signing up for email notifications via the email notification gadget on the right side of the page, above the pears and below the green banner, I hope it worked.

Till the New Year. (Unless I have other photos I want to share.)

No comments:

Post a Comment